A chocolate cake never goes out of style. Trends can come and go but chocolate cake is still as popular today as it was years back. Be it any occasion or celebration, a chocolate cake fits all. In today’s post, you will learn how to bake a chocolate cake using simple ingredients. So, let’s get started!
The Most Amazing Chocolate Cake- Ingredients
- butter and flour for coating and dusting the cake pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For Chocolate Frosting
- 180 grams semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate,
- coarsely chopped1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Layer a 9 inch cake pan with butter and dust with flour and tap out excess.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a mixer mix using low speed.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, hot water, oil and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until smooth. This should take just a few minutes.
- Divide the batter between three pans. I found that it took more than 3 cups of batter to divide it evenly.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick is inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes and then take the cake out of the rack and allow it to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl until it melts completely. After the chocolate melts, turn off the gas and let cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl, using a whisker or a hand blender beat the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat for about 2 minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and the chocolate and beat until incorporated.
- Your frosting is ready!
Before we end our post. Here are some tips to make the best chocolate cake
- Oil works best in chocolate cakes.
- Cake flour makes a difference in the soft icing of the cake, but you can substitute all-purpose flour.
- Use high quality cocoa powder. It changes the depth of chocolate flavor.
- Buttermilk is an essential because it melts the texture of your mouth.
- Do not overbake your cake.
- Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. After baking, allow the cake to cool for about 15 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Spread a thin layer called “crumb coat” throughout the cake. This helps to take out the pieces for preparing the final coating of frosting. It is like a primer for a cake.
So, that was an easy peasy chocolate cake recipe. You can also read this chocolate cake recipe in hindi at Bakingo Blog. Stay tuned for more recipes like these! Or else if you are too lazy to bake it at home, you can always order online. Happy baking!